The prepper knows his weapon system as any true soldier knows his rifle. The training is as deep as he or she has exercised.
Over the years, observing many actual videos of true battles in war especially small arms firefights, there are no delusions of grandeur. It is not pretty. If ever should one come in contact with an enemy force even a small force, a firefight is one thing a true prepper/survivalist should avoid at all costs.
|U.S. soldiers engaged in firefight in Afghanistan.|
With today's technology, observation of gritty true life firefight videos have opened a door to which many of us really do not see. It really throws into reality what happens during a firefight.
The laws in a small arms firefight are:
- You will fall down, A LOT! Whether in the field or just in your own compound.
- Nature will grab a hold, trip, get in your way namely dirt, dust, snow, ice, rain, fog, sticks, rocks, bushes, trees, etc.
- Man made structures will grab a hold of you, get in your way, trip you, give way, snag you, hit you etc.
- Your own gear will get in the way.
- You won't see it coming.
- You will be tired and exhausted when the enemy attacks.
- You can not run as fast as you think you can.
- You will drop your weapon.
- You will try to shoot with your safety on.
- You will forget to charge your weapon.
- Your weapon will malfunction.
- and last one is the most critical law: YOU WILL RUN OUT OF AMMO!
|In a firefight: Hundreds of rounds can be used in a matter of minutes by a single shooter.|
This is critical intelligence for the prepper/survivalist, since either you are a lone wolf or belong to a small prepper/survival or militia unit, ammunition goes fast when having to suppress and then engage to defeat the enemy.
For the overwhelming majority of prepper/survivalists, this is not at all practical and is not at all encouraged to consider as a mindset to engage in a firefight. When engaged in an unforeseen firefight, one of the best guerrilla defensive tactic is to suppress in the generally direction of the enemy fire, escape and evade. Training should be the majority of this art form. You will make your escape an immediate coarse of action with no exceptions.
With the endless possibilities of scenarios that can be had here. It is encouraged to chime in with your thoughts in such matters. Remember to be positive and be cordial to your fellow patriots.